Computer and Technology
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Platform to share ur knowledge

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Help for PPT
Change the folder of c drive in my computer EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 12:58 pm by webmaster

» Formating PC
Change the folder of c drive in my computer EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 12:50 pm by webmaster

» AutoDesk 3D Studio MAX
Change the folder of c drive in my computer EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 1:58 pm by webmaster

» General computer related errors
Change the folder of c drive in my computer EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 1:54 pm by webmaster

» ------------------------------->CHIPSET<--------------------------------
Change the folder of c drive in my computer EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 5:14 pm by webmaster

» Motherboard and its components
Change the folder of c drive in my computer EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 5:05 pm by webmaster

» Creating 3D Window Effect
Change the folder of c drive in my computer EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 3:35 pm by webmaster

» BRIDGE INTRO
Change the folder of c drive in my computer EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 3:27 pm by webmaster

» Create A Hidden User Account
Change the folder of c drive in my computer EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:16 pm by webmaster

VISITORS
Change the folder of c drive in my computer Flags_1

Change the folder of c drive in my computer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
shanrajesh
Appatakar
Appatakar
shanrajesh

Change the folder of c drive in my computer Empty
PostSubject: Change the folder of c drive in my computer   Change the folder of c drive in my computer EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:22 pm

All the Xp users would have been bored by the boring icons in their My Computer panel which are adjacent to the Hard disk drives(C:,D: or whatever drive letter you have).

Here is a simple tweak by which you will be able to change this monotonous icon to anything you like,even your own Picture if you wish

You can put any image in place of one which I have shown,even the picture of your favourite celebrity or your dream caror your own Picture.

Here are the steps you need to follow:

1.First of all the picture you want to use should have .ico extension(if you already have a pic with .ico extension proceed to step 2).Most of the pictures we normally use have extensions like .jpg,.bmp,.png..gif etc, so you first need to convert them to one with .ico extension.This is simple.Just go here and put your original image in the 'Source Image 'section,then click on 'Generate Favicon.ico ' button to get your image with .ico extension.

2.Now go to My Computer.Suppose you want to put this icon in place of your original C: image.

Double click and enter C: .Paste your .ico image file in it.Also create a new text file and in it type the following lines:
[autorun]
ICON=favicon.ico

Remember that 'favicon.ico' in the second line is the name of your image file.If you have an image file with .ico extension by the name of 'abc.ico',then use that in the second line in place of 'favicon.ico'.

3.Now rename this text file as ' autorun.inf ' (without the quotes).

Important Note:How do I rename my text file as autorun.inf ?Ans.Go to Tools->Folder options.Under the View tab uncheck the 'Hide extensions for known file types'.Press apply.Now rename your text file as 'autorun.inf'.

4.Now restart your Pc.You are done.Check out the cool new picture you have just added in your My computer panel.

Back to top Go down
https://computermaniac.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Computer and Technology :: Tricks and Tips-
Jump to: